Today, I’ll take you through the Xiaomi Redmi 6A Specifications, features and price in Kenya. in addition to that, you’ll also learn the advantages and disadvantages of this device. The Xiaomi Redmi 6A, was released in June of 2018.This mobile phone, supports dual sim cards, both of which are Nano sim. In addition, the smartphone comes running Android 8.1 Oreo. 4G LTE is supported. This cell phone has a thickness of 8.3mm, weighs 145 grams and comes in 4 different colors. Speaking of the size, the device has a screen size of 5.45 inches, with a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. As far as performance is concerned, you get 2 or 3GB of RAM, in addition to a storage capacity of either 16GB or 32GB. In the front camera you get 5 megapixels while the back camera is 13 megapixels. Powering the Xiaomi Redmi 6A is a 3000mAh battery, which will definitely last a full day of usage.
Xiaomi Redmi 6A Price in Kenya:
The price of the Xiaomi Redmi 6A in Kenya is around 10,000 Shillings. However, this depends on the storage capacity and the RAM you’ll be buying. For a price of less than 10k, I can highly recommend purchasing the Xiaomi Redmi 6A. This is because when the price is compared to the features that you’ll bet getting, you find that you’ll get value for your money. Features that stand out in this mobile phone include the large storage capacity, quality design, cameras and screen quality. Other features that you will definitely like are the battery capacity, 4G LTE Support and color options.
Xiaomi Redmi 6A Specifications and Features
|Price in Kenya||10000 Shillings|
|Operating System||Android 81. Oreo|
|Sim Type||Nano Sim|
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G LTE|
DESIGN & BODY
|Colors||Grey, Blue, Gold, Rose Gold|
|Dimensions||147.5 x 71.5 x 8.3 mm|
|Front Body Material||Glass|
|Back Body Material||Polycarbonate|
|Display Size||5.45 inches|
|Display Resolution||720 x 1440 pixels|
|Display Type||IPS LCD|
|Screen To Body Ratio||72.7 Percent|
|Screen Protection||2.5D Glass|
|Aspect Ratio||18 by 9|
|Always On Display||NA|
PROCESSOR & MEMORY
|CPU||Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53|
|Chipset||Mediatek Helio A22|
|Card Slot||Micro SD|
|Maximum External Storage||256GB|
|Rear Camera||13 MP, f/2.2, PDAF|
|Primary Camera Features||Panorma, HDR, Autofocus, Face Detection|
|Optical Image Stabilization||NA|
|Digital Image Stabilization||Yes|
|Video Recording||[email protected]|
|Front Camera||5 Megapixels|
|Selfie Camera Features||Filters, Soft Flash, Face Detection|
|Audio Player||MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA|
|Video Player||MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM|
|Audio Jack||yes, 3.5mm|
|Alert Types||Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||4.2, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS|
|Ambient Light Sensor||Yes|
|2G Bands||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2|
|3G Band||HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100|
|4G Bands||LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)|
|General Packet Radio Service (GPRS)|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Removable Battery||Non Removable|
|Music Play Time||NA|
|Battery Saver||Yes, Inbuilt/ User Activated|
Xiaomi Redmi 6A Smartphone Advantages:
- One of the main advantages of this phone, is the price. At around 10k, this device is totally worth purchasing.
- You get one of the latest operating systems from Google, Android 8.1 Oreo. This OS comes with various advantages. These range from performance enhancements, security updates and user interface improvements.
- The Xiaomi Redmi 6A supports dual sim cards. With that, you can use lines of two service providers in Kenya. Therefore, you can save money by using multiple lines.
- In this mobile phone, you get 4G LTE Support. What this means is that you’ll be able tow download files faster and have faster browsing speeds.
- When it comes to the color options, you get 4. These include Grey, Blue, Gold and Rose Gold. Therefore, you can choose the color that best suits your personality.
- As far as the design is concern, the phone is one of the best at the price range. You get high quality finishes with an eye for detail.
- The mobile phone has a thickness of 8.3mm. This enhances the design and makes it sleek.
- With a weight of 145 grams, the Xiaomi Redmi 6A, is highly portable and easy to carry around.
- You get a display size of 5.45 inches. Therefore, you can comfortably use apps. In addition, watching videos on this phone is also immersive.
- The screen of the smartphone comes with a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. Your apps will be more detailed and you’ll get vivid color reproduction.
- The screen is protected using a durable glass. Therefore, this manes that is protected against minor falls in addition to being scratch resistant.
- Performance is handled by a quad core processor. This is clocked at 2.0Ghz. What this means is that you apps will launch faster, games perform better and generally, you have a smooth experience with this mobile phone.
- The Mali GPU that the Xiaomi Redmi 6A comes with, handles graphic intensive apps quite well. This results in increased frame rates for games.
- With the Xiaomi Redmi 6A, you can run multiple apps at the same time without crashes, lags and app relaunches. This is enable by the Android 8.1 Oreo in addition to the 2GB of RAM.
- As far as storage goes, you get 16GB. With this capacity, you can store thousand of music files, have many large apps and videos.
- If the 16GB of internal storage is not enough for your needs, you can use a memory card. The Xiaomi phone supports a memory card of up to 256GB.
- Speaking of the cameras, at the back, you get 13 megapixels. To help you take better images, this comes with features such as autofocus, HDR, Panorama and face detection.
- In the Redmi 6A, you can also take quality images in low light conditions. This is because of the LED Flash at the back of this mobile phone.
- The selfie rear camera is 5 megapixels. It also comes packed with features including filters and face detection.
- Powering the Redmi 6A, is a 3000mAh battery. In this sector, Xiaomi is usually the best. Even if you use the mobile phone heavily during the day, you’ll still have some charge at the end of the day. You get long standby and talk time.
- The mobile phone also has built in battery saving features. This can be turned on at a percentage you choose.
Xiaomi Redmi 6A Smartphone Disadvantages:
This mobile phone, has no major reason to make you not buy it. However, the only thing is that it does not come with a fingerprint scanner. The good thing is that the device comes with a better alternative, face ID. Instead of a fingerprint scanner, you can use your face to unlock the mobile phone. Just like in the iPhone X.