Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 smartphone was released in early 2017. The phone has a 5.2-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. You get 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage. It is also dust and water resistant.
The Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 mobile phone is around Ksh.30000 in Kenya.
Specifications & Features
- Announced: January, 2017
- Dual SIM: yes Nano SIM
- Year: 2017
The phone comes with dual sim capability. Therefore, you can use two lines.
The Sim type is Nano and so you have to make the necessary dimension adjustment to your line.
- Dimensions: 146.1 x 71.4 x 7.9 mm
- Colors: Black Sky, Blue Mist, Gold Sand, Peach Cloud
Speaking of the design. The overall make is premium with a metallic finish. You get to choose from 4 available colors.
Also, at almost 8 inches, I consider the smartphone thin when compared to other android devices.
- Type: Color Super AMOLED screen, 16M colors
- Touch: yes Multitouch
- Display size: 5.2 inches, 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Pixel density: 424 ppi
The Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 comes with a 5.2 Super AMOLED display. It has the ability to display up to 16 million colors.
The resolution is quite huge; it comes to 1080 x 1920 pixels with a density of 424ppi.
- Camera resolution: 16 MP
- Features: Face detection, Geo tagging, Autofocus, Panorama, Touch to focus, HDR, LED flash, OIS
- Secondary camera: 16 MP, 1080p
- Video: yes 1080p 30fps
Samsung phones are known for their quality displays. Well, the Galaxy A5 2017 is not left behind. The mobile phone has a 16MP rear facing primary camera with also a secondary selfie camera of the same MP.
With it, you get features such as panorama and touch to focus to help you take better photos.
- Operating system: Android OS 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Processor type: Octa Core
- Processor speed: 1.9 GHz Cortex A53
- Chipset: Exynos 7880 Octa
With the A5 2017, you get very good performance with the Exynos processor. The Octa Core processor is clocked at 1.9GHz.
- GPU: yes Mali-T830 MP2
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal memory: 32 GB
- Card slot: yes Up to 256 GB
When it comes to multi-tasking, you can pretty much run anything on this without taking a performance hit.
In the storage department, you get 32GB of storage. This can easily store thousands of your music files and images. To add to that, if you run out of storage, you can expand the capacity to a maximum of 256GB.
- 3G: yes Up to 42.2 Mbps Download, 5.76 Mbps Upload
- 4G: yes Up to 300 Mbps Download, 50 Mbps Upload
- GPRS: yes Up to 85.6 kbps
- EDGE: yes Up to 236.8 kbps
- WiFi: yes Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Dual-band Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth: yes 4.2
- USB: yes 1.0, Type-C
- GPS: yes A-GPS, GLONASS/ BDS
The phone comes with support for 4G LTE, therefore, you can stream videos and download large files faster.
Other connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth edge and USB connectivity.
- Battery type: 3000 mAh, Li-Ion
The smartphone comes with a large battery capacity of 3000mAh. You can easily use the phone the whole day without requiring a recharge.
The great thing is also that you get fast charging capability. Therefore, you can top up the phone ins a short time when you are on the go.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Compass, Proximity, Barometer
- Music player: MP3, WAV, eAAC+, FLAC
- Video player: MP4, H.265
- FM radio: yes
- 3.5 mm audio jack: yes
Reasons to buy the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017?
- Value for money.
- Premium display.
- Large battery capacity.
- Large storage capacity.
- Good performance.
- Quality camera quality.
Other Phones in Kenya