What are the Mpesa charges and rates and in Kenya? What are the MPESA charges for withdrawing from an agent? And what is the cost of transferring money to an un-registered Safaricom Number?
In this article, we will answer all the above questions.
We will look at what Safaricom is charging currently for their services. Now, the tariffs charges by telecommunication company, largely depends on the amount in question.
First, there are important staff to note down. To be registered as an Mpesa user is free. This can be done at the nearest MPESA AGENT.
In addition, depositing money is also zero rated. You don’t have to pay anything.
Thirdly, buying credit or bundles (data) for a Safaricom line is also free of any charges. However, if you buy for other networks, you will incur some costs. These include Orange Kenya and Airtel.
The Safaricom MPESA transfer and withdrawal charges only depends on one factor. The amount involved.
In a day, you can send a maximum of KSh. 140,000 using MPESA. However, the transaction limit is KSh. 70,000. Therefore, you will have to send the 140,000K in two batches.
Currently, it costs more amount to send money to an un-registered number in 2017.
Withdrawal Cost from M-PESA Agent
MPESA Transfer to Unregistered Users Charges
Transfer to other M-PESA Users Cost
MPESA ATM Withdrawal Expense
There are Importants things to take into consideration when using Safaricom Mpesa
- The maximum amount of cash you can have in your line is KSHs.100,000
- The maximum Daily Transaction limit is KSHs.140,000. While the maximum per transaction is KSHs.70,000
- The minimum amount you can withdraw from your account is KSH. 50 at any Mpesa Agent or Outlet.
- To carry out any transaction, the Safaricom line you have in your phone must be active. In addition, the Mpesa account must also be active.
- At an agent outlet, you cannot deposit money directly into another M-PESA customer's account. (haaaaaaha- this is the only Mpesa rule that most people can break)
- When you transact on M-Pesa, you earn Bonga points.
What are the requirements for registering on M-Pesa as a user?
To register or transact at any M-PESA Agent outlet: you will be required to produce your original identification document, i.e., National ID, Passport, Military ID, Diplomatic ID or Alien ID/Foreigner Certificate
BEST ELECTRONICS DEALS IN KENYA THIS WEEK
|TECNO W2 - 8GB - 1GB RAM - 2MP Camera||KSh 5,999 See this Jumia Price|
|INFINIX HOT 5 Lite (X559) - 5.5" -16GB -1GB RAM - 8MP Camera - 3G||KSh. 8,499 Buy Now From Jumia|
|TECNO Spark K7 - 16GB - 1GB RAM - 13MP Camera -3G - Dual SIM||KSh 9,699 Buy Now From Jumia|
|Lenovo Ideapad 110-151BR 15.6" - Intel Celeron - 500GB HDD - 2GB RAM||KSh 24,000 Buy Now From Jumia|