The Motorola Moto G5, what are the specs and price in Kenya?
To start off, Motorola is owned by Lenovo. The Moto G5 is smartphone is a midrange device that comes packed with lots of features. Though it was rumored to be released earlier this year, some technical delays ensured that here in Kenya, we get it almost at the midpoint. It also the smaller version of the Moto G5 Plus.
The Moto G5 comes with 2/3GB RAM, 5.0 inch display, 16GB/32GB storage, Octa core 1.4GHz processor and 4G LTE connectivity.
In the camera, you find a 13MP lens at the rear. And at the Front, there is a 5MP lens.
The Motorola Moto G5 price in Kenya is about KSh. 15,000. Give or take.
MOTOROLA MOTO G5 SPECIFICATIONS
Operating System: Android OS, v7.0 (Nougat)
Device type: Smart Phone
Sim: Dual Sim (Nano + Nano)
First, this android mobile phone ships with Android 7.0. Nougat. Now there are a couple of advantages of this OS over 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Better battery management.
- Improved performance and efficiency.
- Better notification management and display.
- Improved security.
- Status: Available
- Global Release Date: 2017, April
- Kenyan Release Date: 2017, June
- MOTOROLA MOTO G5 BODY
- Dimensions: 144.3 x 73 x 9.5 mm
- Weight: 145 g
To start off, this handset has a thickness of 9.5mm. In my opinion, this is quite thick. But, it has some advantages. Among them is the fact that you get better grip and comfort.
When it comes to weight, it comes in at 145 grams. This is the average we have come to expect for devices at this screen size.
- Screen size: 5.0 inches
- Form Factor: Touch
- Screen resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Touchscreen: Capacitive touchscreen
- Technology (Display Type): IPS LCD
Here is where the Moto G5 stands out from the crowd. With the 5 inches (which is the best screen size if you ask me) you get a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels.
This is far above the rest of the phones with similar price range. They are still stuck with 720 displays.
MOTOROLA MOTO G5 PROCESSOR AND PERFORMANCE.
- CPU: Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430
- Performance wise, this phone is also ahead.
This handset ships with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset. In it, you find an Octa Core CPU clocked at 1.4GHz.
This, coupled with the Adreno GPU, ensures that you get the performance you deserve.
- Internal Storage: 16/32 GB Storage
- RAM: 2/3 GB RAM
- External Storage: Up to 128 GB
- Card Slot: microSD Card
- Phonebook: Unlimited
- Messaging: SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Call Records: Unlimited
When it comes to storage, there are 2 options. You can either choose 16GB or 32GB. I think this is quite straight forward.
The good thing, you can expand the memory using a microSD card. It supports a memory card of up to 128GB.
MOTOROLA MOTO G5 CAMERA
- Primary camera: 13 MP Camera
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera
- Video Recording: [email protected]
- Camera Features: Geo Tagging, Panorama
As mentioned earlier, the front facing camera is 5MP. The rear facing camera is 13MP. With it, you get features such as panorama and autofocus. These will help you take better images/photos.
- Audio Player: AAC, AAC+, MIDI, WAV, eAAC+, MP3, AMR-WB, AMR-NB, WMA
- Video Player: MPEG4, H.263, WMV, H.264, HD
- Games: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Speakers: Yes
- Audio Jack: 3.5mm Audio Jack
MOTO G5 BATTERY
- Type: Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery
- Stand by: NA
- Talk time: NA
The G5 is powered by a 28000mAh battery. This, am sure, can last the whole day. As long as you use it moderately.
- GPRS: Yes
- Edge: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP, LE, EDR
- USB: microUSB v2.0, USB Host
- GPS Facility: with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Browser: HTML5
- 3G Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 4G: LTE
To top things off, you can have faster internet connectivity. This ensures that you have faster download speeds. In addition, you can watch YouTube videos without needless buffering.
Sensors Fingerprint Sensor
Why buy the Motorola Moto G5 in Kenya?
- Large storage capacity.
- Cost vs specs is good.
- Reliable battery.
- Good phone performance.
- Quality camera.
- One of the best displays.