Motorola Moto G5 Plus: What are the specs and price in Kenya?
The Motorola Moto G5 Plus was released in June 2017 in Kenya. The smartphone comes with better features than the smaller Moto G5. Its performance and overall design is also better.
The Moto G Plus handset comes with 3/4GB RAM, 16/32GB internal storage, 5.2-inch display and a 3000mAh battery.
In the camera, you get 12MP for the rear facing one, and also 5MP for the front facing selfie camera.
The Moto G5 Plus price is about KSh. 20,000 in Kenya.
MOTOROLA MOTO G5 PLUS SPECIFICATIONS
- Operating System: Android OS, v7.0 (Nougat)
- Device type: Smart Phone
- Sim: Dual Sim (Nano + Nano)
This handset is dual sim capable. Therefore, you can have two operators of your choice. One for calling, and the other for MPESA.
ALSO READ: Motorola Moto c Specifications
- Global Release Date: 2017, March
- Kenyan Release Date: 2017, June
- MOTO G5 PLUS BODY
- Dimensions: 150.2 x 74 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 155 g
With a thickness of 7.9 inches, the phone feels premium and is way thinner than the normal version. Speaking of the weight, it is 155 grams. To me, this is usually the normal weight of of 5.2 inches. They range from 140 to 160 grams.
- Screen size: 5.2 inches
- Form Factor: Touch
- Screen resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Touchscreen: Capacitive touchscreen
- Technology (Display Type): IPS LCD
The Moto G5 Plus has a quality display. At 5.2 inches, it is larger than its normal version and has a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels.
It comes with an IPS LCD display, which is capacitive.
MOTO G5 PERFORMANCE AND PROCESSOR
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625
Now, the performance of this handset is really good. You get a Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset. In it, you find an Octa Core CPU. It is clocked at 2.0GHz.
That, coupled with the Adreno 506 GPU, ensures that you have a good experience using the handset. Games will run faster and app launches will be snappy.
- Internal Storage: 16/32 GB Storage
- RAM: 3/4 GB RAM
- External Storage: Up to 128 GB
- Card Slot: microSD Card
- Phonebook: Unlimited
- Messaging: SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Call Records: Unlimited
When it comes to ROM, you can go with16GB or 32GB. That will depend on your storage needs. In addition, it can be expanded to a maximum of 128GB using a memory card.
Speaking of the multi-tasking capability of the Moto G5 Plus; you have two choices. 3GB OR 4GB. In my own opinion, there isn’t a big difference when it comes to the two.
MOTO G5 PLUS CAMERA
- Primary camera: 12 MP Camera
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera
- Video Recording: Yes, [email protected]
- Camera Features: Geo Tagging, auto-HDR
Now, in the selfie camera, you get 5MP and in the primary rear facing shooter, you find a 12MP. To help you take better images, the device comes with HDR and autofocus.
You should also note that it has a lower Megapixel count in the rear facing camera compared to the MOTO G5. By now, you should be aware that the MP count does not usually translate to the quality of the camera.
- Audio Player: AAC, AAC+, MIDI, WAV, eAAC+, MP3, AMR-WB, AMR-NB, WMA
- Video Player: MPEG4, H.263, WMV, H.264, HD
- Games: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Speakers: Yes
- Audio Jack: 3.5mm Audio Jack
MOTOROLA MOT0 G5 PLUS BATTERY
- Type: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Stand by: NA
- Talk time: NA
The Moto G5 Plus is powered by a 3000mAh battery. With all this capacity, the smartphone can last the whole day without requiring a recharge. However, it does not come with fast charging capability.
- GPRS: Yes
- Edge: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP, LE, EDR
- USB: microUSB v2.0, USB Host
- GPS Facility: with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Browser: HTML5
- 3G Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 4G: LTE
You can have faster download speeds, due to the fact that it supports 4G LTE connectivity.
Sensors Fingerprint Sensor, Waterproof, NFC
The waterproof ability of the phone is also a welcomed feature. No more worries when you are rained on.
Why buy the Motorola Moto G5 Plus in Kenya?
- Large storage capacity.
- Cost Vs Specs is positive.
- Fast internet connectivity.
- Quality display.
- Reliable battery capacity.