Today, we’ll look at the Fero Vibe Review, its specifications, price in Kenya, advantages and disadvantages. The Fero Vibe Smartphone, out of the box, runs Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition. You get dual sim support, both sim cards slot support micro sim. This phone, comes with a 5.45 inch display, with a resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels. In the cameras, this Fero mobile, has an 8 megapixel camera at the back, while the front selfie camera has 5 megapixels. Powering this mobile, is a 3200mAh battery. You get 1GB of RAM in addition to 16GB of internal storage. The price of the Fero Vibe Smartphone is around 6,999 in Kenya.
FERO VIBE FULL SPECIFICATIONS
|Price in Kenya||KsH 6,999|
|Operating System||Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition|
|Sim Type||Micro Sim Stanby|
DESIGN & BODY
|Front Body Material||Glass and Polycarbonate|
|Back Body Material||Polycarbonate|
|Display Size||5.45 inches|
|Display Resolution||1600 x 900 piixels|
|Display Type||HD TFT|
|Screen To Body Ratio||78.4 Percent|
|Screen Protection||Hardened Glass|
|Aspect Ratio||18 by 9|
|Always On Display||No|
PROCESSOR & MEMORY
|CPU||1.2 GHz, Quad Core Processor|
|GPU||Mali 400 MP2|
|Maximum External Storage||Up to 128GB|
|Messaging||SMS, MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM|
|Rear Camera||8 Megapixels|
|Primary Camera Features||Autofocus, Bokeh, Beauty Mode, Anti Flickering|
|Optical Image Stabilization||None|
|Digital Image Stabilization||Yes|
|Video Recording||Yes, 1080 at 30 Frames per second|
|Front Camera||5 megapixels|
|Selfie Camera Features||Touch to focus, Beauty Mode, Time Lapse|
|Audio Player||MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA|
|Video Player||MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM|
|Audio Jack||Yes, 3.5mm|
|Alert Types||Ringtone, Vibration|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Ambient Light Sensor||Yes|
|2G Bands||2G 850/900/1800/1900 MHz|
|3G Band||3G 2100 MHz|
|General Packet Radio Service (GPRS)||Yes|
|Battery Type||Lithium Polymer|
|Music Play Time||Very Long|
|Battery Saver||Yes, Inbuilt/ User Activated|
Fero Vibe Advantages
Stating the advantages and disadvantages of a smartphone, is a conclusive way of ensuring that you can make the right purchasing decision, and that is what am going to do.
Fero Vibe Design, Display and Resolution Review
- The first thing you notice about the Fero Vibe is the design. This device has a thickness of 8.9mm. The phone measures 148mm on the long side and 70.5mm on the shorter side. What is the advantage of these measurements? This is the answer. Even with a large display, this Fero smartphone is very compact. I’ve several phones with the same screen size, yet this Fero smartphone is among the ones with the best screen to body ratio.
- Another advantage in terms of design, is the color options. With the Fero Vibe, you get either Black or Gold. Therefore, you can choose the color that best suits your personality.
- The display of the Fero Vibe is 5.45 inches. This is also another major advantage of this mobile phone. With a 5.45 inch display, you get more screen real estate for apps and games. In addition to that, you can comfortably watch videos on your device.
- Another feature you immediately notice in the Fero Vibe, is the display quality. This 5.45 inch display has a resolution of 1600 by 900 pixels. This in turn, results in a pixel density of 336 ppi. This screen comes with good color reproduction in addition to having a high contrast ratio. Therefore, you get to see more vibrant colors on apps, videos and pictures.
- Lets talk about another major advantage that this Fero Vibe comes with. That is, the screen to body ratio, in addition to the phone aspect ratio. The aspect ratio of the Fero Vibe is 18:9. This is the “modern” ratio, since most apps are converted to use it. In addition, YouTube videos, movies are mostly shot in this ratio. Therefore, current content (apps, games, videos, photos) fits better on this device. When it comes to the screen to body ratio, you get a high percentage of 78.4 percent in the Fero Vibe. What this means is that, you get more screen compared to the bezels of the mobile phone.
Fero Vibe Performance
Performance of a mobile phone, is usually one of the features that majority of people look at in a mobile phone. The good thing, is that the Fero Vibe does not disappoint.
- First, lets talk about the operating system that this Fero Vibe comes with. This Fero Phone runs Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition).
This Go Edition of Android, is a special version of the operating system, made for better performance and memory use. It also utilizes less space on the mobile phone.
Now, another advantage that you’ll get in the Fero Vibe is security updates because of the Android 8.1 Oreo. This means that your device is protected against the latest viruses and hacks.
In addition to the above, most apps developers are moving away from coding apps for some old Android operating systems. Therefore, if you buy this mobile phone, you get the latest operating system form Google, which means that all the latest apps operate and work smoothly.
- The Fero Vibe, features 1GB of RAM. Because this phone is well optimized, the 1GB of RAM is enough for light to medium scale multi tasking. You can comfortably run several apps at the same time without crashes, lags and app relaunches.
- When it comes to the processor of the Fero Vibe, you get a quad core CPU, clocked at 1.2Ghz. Not only does this ensure that you’ll get good performance, but also very good battery life. For performance and battery use, this is usually one of the sweet spots.
- The storage of the Fero Vibe is also another good feature that this mobile phone comes with. Mostly, you find that mobile phones that cost around 10k, come with only 8GB of internal storage. However, with the Fero Vibe, you get 16GB, yet it cost less than 7000 Shillings in Kenya.
Therefore, you can download and install several large application in your mobile phone. In addition to that, you can store thousand of songs, hundreds of videos and other files.
The good thing is that the Fero Vibe also support memory expansion. This can be done via a memory card. You can use a memory card of 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB or 128GB. What this means is that you can install even more apps and have thousand of video files.
Fero Vibe Cameras Review
Another feature that many people look at, is the cameras, both the front facing selfie camera and the rear facing primary camera.
- The back-primary camera of the Fero Vibe is 8 megapixels. This camera, take quality photos. You get software and hardware enhancements that ensures that you can take good photographs in all sorts of situations.
The good software features include beauty mode, anti-flickering, autofocus, touch to focus and bokeh.
Even in low light conditions, the images that you take using the Fero Vibe are vibrant and sharp. This is because of the rear facing LED Flash. This flash can be switched on and off using the camera interface.
- The selfie secondary camera also stands out on its own. In the Fero Vibe front facing camera, you get 5 megapixels. This camera comes with features such as touch to focus, beauty mode and time lapse.
In addition to that, you also get an LED Flash at the front. Which means that, even in situations of low light, you can still take bright and brilliant selfie snaps.
Fero Vibe Battery Capacity and Review
With the Fero Vibe, you get a battery capacity of 3200mAh. This capacity, ensures that you can easily use this mobile phone without worrying about it dying in the middle of the day. Even if you use it heavily, it lasts a full day.
Personally, I used it during the day for playing a couple of games, calls, messaging, heavy browsing and taking a couple of photos. The Fero Vibe reached 21 percent at 11pm at night.
This means that from 100% to 21%, it took me 13 hours of use.
Fero Vibe Face Unlock
You get Face Recognition with this smartphone. You can use this feature to unlock your mobile phone. Since this mobile phone only costs 6,999 Shillings in Kenya, I did not expect the face unlocking to perform really well. However, the Fero Vibe proved me wrong on this one.
This smartphone is very fast when it comes to unlocking using the Face ID. I found that it takes less than 2 seconds. This is around the same time it takes me to enter my pin in normal phones.
Another great thing about this feature is the fact that it does not unlock the device instantly when I point it to my face. With this, the Fero Vibe does not accidentally unlock when I just want to look at the time on my smartphone and return it to my pocket. In my opinion the 2 seconds is perfect for the feature.
To use the face unlocking feature all you have to do is register your face in the settings of this device, then you are good to go. Then to unlock, you just press the power button and point the device directly to your face.
Usually, I don’t usually talk about the audio quality of smartphone, but with the Fero Vibe, I noticed a big difference between it and other phones at the same price range. First, playing music through the speaker of the smartphone is quite good, however, the big difference comes when using the earphones that this device comes with. Honestly, I can’t explain the audio quality of these earphones, you have to listen by yourself to know.
Other Advantages include:
- It comes with a cover. Therefore, it is protected against minor falls and breakage.
- The Glass used is 2.5D. Which means that it is more resistant to scratches and breakage.
- The device comes with 6 predefined themes. You can choose the one that you like most.
- With the adaptive brightness, this device changes the brightness level automatically to suit the surrounding levels. If it is dark the brightness decreases to reduce eye strain. The brightness increases when the surrounding has enough light.
- You get 1 year warranty for this Fero Vibe smartphone.
Fero Vibe Disadvantages
The only disadvantage that this smartphone has is the Face ID does not work in very dim areas and in the darkness. However, you can use the pin or pattern unlock instead. Considering that smartphones with similar prices don’t even come with face unlocking, it can very easily be excused since it’s an added bonus feature.
Do I Recommend Buying the Fero Vibe
Because of the advantages mentioned above, I recommend buying the Fero Vibe. In fact, this is the smartphone that I am currently recommending to people with a budget of around 7K.
When I used this mobile phone, I honestly felt that it should cost even more. In short, features that I liked in this device include the design, performance, camera quality, storage capacity, face unlocking and battery life.
Don’t Think Twice About Buying the Fero Vibe, I can assure you that you’ll appreciate it.
You can also take a look at Fero Phone Prices in Kenya.